There are two kinds of data collected on this website:
- Data essential to operating the VetteLetters’ web store and delivering digital goods. We require customers to provide personal data such as name, email, billing address and company information. For the purpose of downloading fonts you purchased, VetteLetters creates an account for you.
- Auxiliary data collected for monitoring our website performance, visitor flow, usability or technical problems. This also includes meta-data like your IP address, time of your visit and system and network information your browser exposes to VetteLetters’ servers.
VetteLetters’ website uses SSL encryption (you can verify this by checking the https protocol in your browser address bar). This means any information sent between your browser and Vette Letters’s web servers is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by anybody in-between.
For storing orders we are seamlessly creating an account linked to the purchase email, which is used to download the purchased fonts. To facilitate handling your order and making the licensed fonts available to you need to create an account, so you can later return and access download your files and review your order.
Auxiliary data and analytics about visitor behavior and actions is implemented via Google Analytics and Google Tag manager. That information is collected in anonymized form. You can always choose to opt out by adding the preferences in your browser, you still will be able to visit our site and order fonts. Your IP address and URI requests are logged on our server, but they, too, are anonymous statistics we use merely to monitor our website’s performance and user needs, such as what are commonly used browsers and screen resolutions our visitors have.
Your data is handled by VetteLetters, the actual persons responsible for your data’s secure handling is Donald Roos and Donald Beekman, owners of VetteLetters. If you have questions relating data security or privacy feel free to get in touch.
Our webshop stores cookies in your browser to work correctly. This is for keeping track of things like your shopping cart, login status, browsing location and actions on the site.
- Account data
Your account data is stored in our database, which is physically located in a secure data center in The Netherlands. Your password is stored in an encrypted format, which means neither VetteLetters nor our server administrators can view your plain text password. To reset your account password, you need to make a password request and will be prompted via email to create a new password. We cannot manually reset your password.
- Payment data
VetteLetters does not save any sensitive payment data like credit card information on its servers. Payment is handled via Mollie (credit cards) or via Paypal. Both service providers are PCI compliant and safely store your payment transaction data on their respective servers.
- Analytics data
Any analytics data collected about user statistics is saved in anonymized form on Google’s service platforms and accessible only by VetteLetters and not shared with any other parties.
VetteLetters does not share data collected about visitors or customers with any third party. Period.
One exeption. We will only, and only then, share information when we are forced by the Dutch goverment.
VetteLetters’ use of social media logins as well as analytics cookies enables those third party services to establish that you have visited this website. No user information is actively shared with those services.
We will use your provide email address to send you periodic emails about new font releases or relevant information. We use MailChimp for sending our newsletters. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Data security measures
We take data security and your privacy very serious. Here is a couple of measures we have taken to make sure your account and purchase data is save with us:
- We do not store any of your credit card or other payment method information.
- The payment providers we selected for our shop are PCI compliant and are under stringent regulations to make sure your credit card or payment information is secure with them.
- We, or our selected payment providers, do not save passwords in plain text. We cannot access your password, so neither can possible intruders.
- Our entire site is served via SSL and as such, the data sent between your browser and our website is end-to-end encrypted.
- Our servers and databases are physically located in The Netherlands, a country with very high cyber security standards and stringent legislation for user data protection.
- Our site has industry level protection against DDoS attacks and we aim to use the latest updates for our servers and software to prevent potential attacks.
- Should our site become target of a cyber attack all registered users will be informed immediately about the type of attack, to what degree access was gained and if any user information has been compromised.
Your data is your data
You can access your account, change your billing data, password, and view your password anytime.
It is also okay if you want to have your account and any traces of it completely erased from our data storage. Certain data relating to your purchase we will retain as offline hard copy, but deleting your account with us is possible. For this, too, please get in touch with us.