End User License Agreement
This end user license agreement (hereinafter “agreement”) is a legal agreement between you, or, if you repersent a legal entity, that legal entity (hereinafter “you”) and VetteLetters (hereinafter “VLNL”), and is applicable to the font software that is accompanied by this agreement or that you have ordered online.
By downloading the font software you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not download, install or use the font software.
- ‘font software’ means coded software that generates typeface designs when used with the appropriate hard- and software plus any and all other data including documentation provided with such software. In the remainder of this document the term “font software” refers to all or any software delivered by e-mail and to all or any software downloaded from the VetteLetters.nl, MyFonts or FontShop websites. The font software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The software product is licensed, not sold.
- ‘licensed unit’ means an installation of the font software that allows up to five (5) concurrent users to use it at a single geographic location. A single geographic location is in particular the site of your place of business. The geographic restriction does not apply to portable computers if they are owned by you.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE
This document grants you the following rights:
- 2.1 Number of users
VLNL grants you a non-exclusive licence to use the Font Software in a licensed unit for your own personal or business purposes according to the terms of this agreement. If the number of users who use the font software exceeds five (5) then you must request from VLNL or its authorized distributors an appropriate licence covering all users. An additional fee will be charged for this licence extension
- 2.2 Embedding
Embedding of the font software into documents or internet pages is only permitted in a secured read/print-only mode and as long as the document itself is not a commercial product. If you need to embed the font software that will not be in secured read/print-only environment and/or as the document itself is a commercial product, you must notify VLNL to purchase an additional license.
- 2.3 Back-up
You may make back-up copies of the font software for archival purposes only, provided that you retain exclusive custody and control over such copies.
- 2.4 Service bureaus
You may take a digitized copy of the font software used in a particular document to a commercial printer or service bureau for outputting this particular document. In the event of any modifications to the document or use of the font software for other purposes, the printer or service bureau must purchase its own font software licences.
- 2.5 Copying
Except as granted in 2.2. to 2.4., you may not copy the font software or allow third parties to copy the font software. Any copy of the font software must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary information as the originals.
- 2.6 Modifications
Except as granted in 2.2., you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter, or attempt to discover the source code of the font software. If you want to make modifications to the font software, you must obtain the prior written consent of VLNL.
- 2.7 Restrictions on Alteration
You may not rename, edit or create any derivative works from the software product, other than subsetting when embedding them in documents unless you have permission from VLNL.
3. TRANSFER OF LICENSE
- 3.1 Except as expressly provided herein, you may not give, rent or lease the font software or parts of it to third parties. You may transfer all your rights to use the font software to another person or legal entity provided that the transferee accepts and agrees in writing (with copy to VLNL) to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this agreement, and you destroy all copies of the font software, including all copies stored in the memory of a hardware device. You agree that you will not distribute or disseminate all or any part of the font software through any online service.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY
- 4.1 No warranties.
VLNL expressly disclaims any warranty for the software product. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the software product remains with you.
- 4.2 No liability for consequential damages.
In no event shall VLNL be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this product, even if VLNL has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 4.3 Defective font software.
The font software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and VLNL is notified within one (1) week of purchase.
- 5.1 VLNL has the right to terminate your licence immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy the original and any copies of the font software.